Soapstone Kitchen Countertops
Soapstone pricing starts at $95 / ft.
Are soapstone countertops the right choice for your kitchen?
If you’re looking for a modern look for your kitchen and you prefer to use natural stone, Soapstone may be a great option. Soapstone is usually a darker, deeper color and is softer to the touch. The dark color makes it work well with older homes if you don’t want to overhaul your kitchen, but it also blends in perfectly with the aesthetics of modern, minimalistic kitchen designs.
Soapstone installments are commonly used indoors, but as soapstone is such a dense, nonporous material, it can be used outdoors. Due to its antibacterial nature and nonporous density it’s often used in laboratories and industrial settings. We offer soapstone for both bathrooms and kitchens.
- Soapstone is dense, solid and nonporous
- It is resistant to chemicals and bacteria, allowing for a clean, antibacterial cooking environment.
- Low maintenance, not easy to stain compared to other materials
- Talc veins give soapstone a striking, unique look
- Highly resistant to heat
- Long term investment, it can remain in excellent condition for decades, if treated with proper care
- Unique patterns and beauty of a natural stone
- Slightly higher starting price compared to some other materials
- The surface gets darker with age
Soapstone Countertop Information
Soapstone, or steatite, is a dark grayish, natural stone. It has been used for multiple millennia, with oldest soapstone carvings date back over 3,000 years ago to ancient China. Archeological sites of quarries where steatite was extracted have been discovered all around the world. Soapstone is mainly composed of talc, and also contains chlorite, magnesite and dolomite. Long before countertops made of granite in the world of interior design, soapstone was one of dominant materials for producing bathroom and kitchen components in the ancient world.
Soapstone is also great for busy households, as it requires very little maintenance and is extremely durable.
- Soapstone countertops are unaffected by heat, so you can place hot dishes on its surface without the fear of damaging it
- Cutting directly on soapstone should be avoided. The benefit of soapstone is that the scratches can be easily sand out, with the use of sandpaper and mineral oil
- It does not require any sealant
- One of the most durable countertop solutions you can choose, if direct damage is avoided, it can last for generations
Our Dallas based soapstone countertop pricing starts at 95$/ft.
Starting price/ft is slightly higher compared to other materials. Soapstone is a natural stone, being imported directly from quarries that are located in Brazil, with only a few quarries reestablishing in America recently, thus the prices are higher. As a natural, solid material, soapstone justifies the price with its quality.
If you would like to save some money, but still choose soapstone, consider soapstone remnants. For smaller projects you can use previously cut soapstone slabs for up to a 30% discount.
With Brazil being one of the top soapstone exporters, it is no wonder that the outer layer of iconic Christ statue in Rio de Janeiro is made of soapstone. If you would like to have this type of stone in your kitchen, check out some of our previous projects in our gallery, and some latest soapstone countertopdesign solutions.
How long does soapstone last?
Soapstone could easily last multiple generations with proper care.
Does soapstone scratch?
It’s best to avoid cutting directly on soapstone. One of its biggest benefits is the ability to easily sand out scratches on soapstone.
Will soapstone chip?
Soapstone is difficult to chip.
Does soapstone require maintenance?
Soapstone does not require any sealant, without direct damage, it doesn’t require any upkeep.
23+ years in the countertop business! Our experience speaks for itself.
Customer satisfaction guaranteed! We won't leave the job until you're happy with it.
Our pricing is fair & competetive, and we make sure to pass our industry discounts to our customers.
1 Week Completion
From the moment you select your stone, we'll set it up within ONE week!